On April 2, 2026
Edgard came down to tell us all about his trip to Zacatecas.
He sat down in the grey recliner that we have in the living room and took off his plaid shirt. I teased him about going bare arms... "Wow, you exposing a bit of skin today..." to which he responded with a witty laugh and started hugging his white arms as to conceal them (he always covering them arms with long sleeve shirts).
He talked about everything from going to the fields with our cousin Javi, to partying at the fair and even going to church where he saw "Edgar" the boy from el rebote who he was so proud of.
He did not stay for dinner but wanted to say goodbye to the kids, I gave him a hug and went to call the kids (who as teenagers, usually hide in their room). This day he said his goodbyes, kids came out to give him a hug and Tere pointed out the Monster he left on the floor. "ooh, can't forget that".
I gave him a second hug that day as he left and we laughed about getting two hugs that day...
"Hey, another hug for the road". Not knowing that would be the last hug we would give eachother.
Oh boy, I miss that guy so much.